Thursday, March 10, 2011

A lil bit more about me

Hey yall! Welcome back! I hope everyone is doing well. So I wanted to go into more detail about my passion for cooking. My passion for cooking started when I was a wee girl. You know the chubby girl with the dirt face. The smells that would come from the kitchen would just amaze me. How could you use a dab of that and a pinch of this and come up with a dish that warms your heart and fuels your soul?

I'm from the Deep South, where everything is considered "soul food". The south consists of so many different types of food and that’s why we are called the melting pot. Where do I fit in the "melting pot"? I'm smack dab in the middle of it!

There are two people that have fueled my passion for cooking, my dad and mother in law. My father is a rajin Cajun and loves everything spicy, bold and on top of rice. My mother in law is a country cook. She can take four ingredients and turn it into a four coarse meal. The combination of my father and my mother in law has made me the ultimate rajin Cajun soul food cook!

All of my recipes have stories and history behind them. I hope to knock your socks off with my recipes and warm your soul with the stories that have been passed down to me. I promise to fill your bellies and keep your family and friends coming back wanting more!

Happy Cooking
Backwoods Belle

No comments: