Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ole Biloxi Bread

Welcome back! First, I want to thank you for reading my blogg! I never expected that on average one hundred people a day would be reading my writings and for that I want to thank you again! 

I am going to share with you my recipe for seafood bread. I have been holding onto recipes because I want to be able to supply you with a picture of the finished yummy. Due to time and budget I have been unable to cook everything that I want to write about, so from here on out, I promise not to hold on to my recipes and if you make them please send a picture of your finished yummy to share.

 I made Seafood bread for the first time last summer, when it was too hot to boil seafood outside. I have eaten many versions of this recipes and the majority use mayo for the cream base of your seafood bread.  I was cooking this dish for some friends who do not like mayo, so I decided to replace the mayo with Alfredo sauce. The Alfredo sauce gave the bread a whole new flavor and is not as tart as if you were to use mayo. Alright let’s get to the kitchen and make some of this yummy bread!

You will need:

1 Loaf of French bread
2 Jars of your favorite Alfredo sauce
1 Large bag of Italian blend shredded cheese
1 Large vidiala onion diced
½ Cup of green onions cut
3 Minced garlic cloves
2 Cups of mushrooms cut
2 lbs of seafood (I use one pound lump blue crab meat and one pound crawfish tails)
2 sticks of butter
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Pepper

I recommend picking through the crab meat to make sure there are no shells and also washing your crawfish tails prior to cooking.

First you are going to melt ½ stick of butter in a skillet and sauté one chopped valdial onion, 1/2 cup of cut green onions and 2 cups of cut mushrooms. Cook these until tender.

Next, you are going to pour Alfredo sauce, garlic cloves and everything that is in your skillet into a med size pot. Once the Alfredo sauce is heated add one cup of Italian cheese and heat until bubbly.  Now you are going to add crab meat and crawfish tails. You are going to cook mixture on med-low until sauce is heated.

Now you are going to split your French bread (cut like making a sandwich and then cut making two pieces of bread). Next, you are going to melt one stick of butter with 1 tsp garlic and 1 tsp onion powder and brush on the outside and the inner part of the bread.

Spread heaping amounts of your Alfredo mixture onto your bread. Now you are going to sprinkle the remaining Italian cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning ontop of the cheese. Cook bread on 350 for ten minutes. After the bread is heated, broil the cheese until brown and bubbly.
Let the seafood bread sit for 15 minutes before cutting. When cutting this bread I found that a pizza cutter was the best utensil to use for cutting this bread.  I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Enjoy yall!
Backwoods Belle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good. Now when are you bringing it to your work friends?

Unknown said...

Crap! u never come to work! LoL